Is the nvidia proprietary driver much faster (for me) than nv driver?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Fri Mar 7 18:32:36 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 11:11:32AM -0300, Heitor Moraes wrote:
> Without the proprietary driver, your computer will have a poor
> software based 3D.

But what applications *use* 3D?  Do I actually run anything that will
take advantage of 3D?

> With the proprietary driver, even the "fonts" will look better.
> And you will be able to use your hardware acceleration to activate
> compiz (cube desktop and real translucid windows).

Well that's what I thought but try as I might I really couldn't see any
difference between the fonts 'before' and 'after' installing the
nvidia drivers previously and since they caused other issues I'm not
keen on installing them unless they actually do something for me.

--
Chris Green