gnome keyring

Brian Millett bmillett at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 15:16:15 UTC 2008

Todd Zullinger escribío:
> Jonathan Underwood wrote:
>>> If you use the same password as your login password, you don't have
>>> to enter it at all.
>> Is that actually working for you? For me it doesn't.
>
> It is working for me now, though it wasn't when F8 was initially
> released.  I moved ~/.gnome2/keyrings out of the way and then logged
> out and back in again to force the creation of a fresh keyring.  And
> since then, it's worked fine.  I have only login.keyring now and no
> default.keyring.

Interesting.  This has been an irritant for years.  I just moved the ~/.gnome2/keyrings
out of the way, logged out, logged in.  I have

[bpm]$ ls -l ~/.gnome2/keyrings
total 8
-rw------- 1 bpm apache   7 2008-03-08 09:02 default
-rw------- 1 bpm apache 705 2008-03-08 09:04 default.keyring

So, what did you do to get it to work?

--
Brian Millett - [ Psi Cop Bester, "Mind War"]
"Anatomically impossible, Mr. Garibaldi, but you're welcome to try...