help with transition ipw3945 --> iwl3945

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 00:35:51 UTC 2008

On 08/03/2008, Manuel Moreno <manolo at miconexion.com> wrote:

>  On Sat, 2008-03-08 at 14:07 -0600, Paul Johnson wrote:
>  > I'm not a Linux newbie, I promise. Even though my wireless failure
>  > makes me look like one.

>  If you are running Fedora-8, use this kernel or better...
>
>  http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=42024
>
>  Then you'll see that everything works again ;-)

Actually, for me, that particular kernel doesn't work for iwl3945.

The one I've had most luck with is:

and to get it to work, I need to add the line

options iwl3945 disable_hw_scan=1

to /etc/modprobe.conf

You'll need to unload and reload the iwl3945 module and reload it for
that change to take effect, of course.

HTH, iwl3945 for me has been spotty with F8 - some kernels work, some don't.