How to prevent puplet from running

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Mar 10 07:54:45 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 00:49 -0500, Robert Nichols wrote:
> Is there a way to prevent puplet from running in a non-administrative
> user's desktop?  Simply removing /etc/xdg/autostart/puplet.desktop
> would do it, but that's a bit heavy-handed -- blocking it from _all_
> desktops.  There should be a per-user config option somewhere, but
> I can't find any.

Look in their personal session preferences for software update notifier.

But if you did want to remove it from all users, but a few, your method
may be a better approach (remove it as a default for everyone, and start
it as a specific feature for just some users).

You could try modifying all of the ~/.config/autostart/puplet.desktop
files to include:  X-GNOME-Autostart-enabled=false

Or simply remove those user puplet.desktop files.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.