usb_serial howto?

Morgan Read mstuff at read.org.nz
Mon Mar 10 09:12:25 UTC 2008

dexter wrote:
> On Sat March 8 2008 21:52:13 Morgan Read wrote:
>> I seem to have usb_storage installed (and working fine) but not
>> usb_serial?  Any ideas how I go about getting it?  Or, is it somewhere
>> and modprobe doesn't know where for some reason?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Morgan.
>
> # modinfo  usbserial
> filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.23.17-82.fc7/kernel/drivers/usb/serial/usbserial.ko
> license:        GPL
> author:         Greg Kroah-Hartman, greg at kroah.com,
> http://www.kroah.com/linux/
> depends:
> vermagic:       2.6.23.17-82.fc7 SMP mod_unload 686 4KSTACKS
> parm:           vendor:User specified USB idVendor (ushort)
> parm:           product:User specified USB idProduct (ushort)
> parm:           debug:Debug enabled or not (bool)
>
> Did you not notice the correct spelling in my other post?
Oh, my apologies - obviously not.  I was following direction from this
post:
http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/angstrom-distro-users/2008-March/001582.html

And, once you get your nose to the ground it's hard to see over the
horizon - I was trying to get wood and trees in there too, but the
metaphor just started falling apart...

:)

M.
--
Getting errors: "There are problems with the signature" (or similar)?
Update your system by installing certificates from CAcert Inc, see here:

Morgan Read
NEW ZEALAND
<mailto:mstuffATreadDOTorgDOTnz>

fedora: Freedom Forever!
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview

"By choosing not to ship any proprietary or binary drivers, Fedora does
differ from other distributions. ..."
Quote: Max Spevik
        http://interviews.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/08/17/177220

RMS on fedora: