Mess in network

pursley1 at netscape.net pursley1 at netscape.net
Mon Mar 10 12:15:17 UTC 2008

Antonio M wrote:
> 2008/3/10, pursley1 at netscape.net <pursley1 at netscape.net>:
>
>> I'm sad to say that I also experienced the same problem but not on both
>>  my computers that use Fedora.  One did and the other didn't and I had to
>>  re-configure eth0 manually before it would come back up.  Sounds like
>>  something's wrong with the update.
>>
>>  Bradley
>>

>>  Antonio M wrote:
>>  > 2008/3/10, John Austin <ja at jaa.org.uk>:
>>  >
>>  >>  On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 12:22 +0100, Antonio M wrote:
>>  >>  > I have a router with two NIC's.
>>  >>  > After this morning updates, definition of network interfaces was
>>  >>  > garbled, I found etho.bak and eth1.bak in addition to eth0 and
>>  >>  > eth1....but eth0 and eth1 were not activated at boot time, as they
>>  >>  > were defined as getting address from a DHCP server.
>>  >>  > therefore no internet connection and no DHCP.
>>  >>  > I had to reconfigure eth0 and eth1 by hand, delete *.bak files and
>>  >>  > restart system
>>  >>  >
>>  >>  > Anybody else with same problem???
>>  >>  >
>>  >>  > --
>>  >>  > Antonio Montagnani
>>  >>  > Skype : antoniomontag
>>  >>  >
>>  >>
>>  >>
>>  >> Hi Antonio
>>  >>
>>  >>  Yep - I have had the same problem
>>  >>
>>  >>  Also I'm not happy with the latest kernel and am
>>  >>  staying with 2.6.23.15-137 for now.
>>  >>
>>  >>  John
>>  >>
>>  >>
>>  >>
>>  >>
>>  >>  --
>>  >>  fedora-list mailing list
>>  >>  fedora-list at redhat.com
>>  >>
>>  >>
>>  > John
>>  >
>>  > 1) do you have a single NIC system or two NIC'S system?
>>  > 2) what is the problem with latest kernel??
>>  >
>>  >
>>  >

>>  --
>>

> against which component shall we file a bug???

Unfortunately -
    1) We don't know which updated component is messing up the network
connection.
    2) I'm relatively new to Fedora (but not Linux) and so I don't know
where to file bugs anyway.
    3) Since it only did it on 1 of my 2 computers, it seems to be some
problem dependent on the hardware...or luck.

Bradley