r8169 driver breaks on latest kernel

Jay Chandler lists at sequestered.net
Mon Mar 10 21:34:28 UTC 2008

Howdy.  Fedora 8 user here, relatively new to the platform.

I'm running a Linksys gigabit card that uses the r8169 driver.  Under
kernel 2.6.23.15-137.fc8 it works just fine.

I upgraded this weekend to kernel 2.6.24.3-12.fc8, and while the driver
still loads, it doesn't detect the card correctly.

lspci still shows the card as taking up its standard place on the PCI bus.

A preliminary Google shows nothing on this issue.

Forgive my ignorance-- what's the next step to troubleshoot this?

--
Jay Chandler / KB1JWQ
Living Legend / Systems Exorcist