NetworkManager 0.7 and static IP - how ?!?

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Tue Mar 11 05:20:08 UTC 2008

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 01:14:22 -0400
Rick Bilonick <rab at nauticom.net> wrote:

> How do I get NetworkManager / nm-applet to just use the fixed IP address
> I've been assigned?

See my previous reply.  The simple solution to your problem is to arrange to
have the fixed address that you have been assigned to be actually assigned to
you, i.e. get your mac address properly registered with the dhcp server in
question.  How difficult can it be to pick up the phone and call your corporate
networking desk and make the necessary arrangement?  If it's for your office
work, surely their function is to facilitate your use of the network?