Installation Crash with 4GB

rgheck rgheck at brown.edu
Tue Mar 11 13:08:04 UTC 2008

I think there are known problems along these lines, but I wanted to
report that I am unable to install Fedora on my new machine if I have
4GB memory installed. Removing one 2GB chip and so working with just 2GB
allows me to install. This is a Dual Core AMD Athlon XP 4800+ on an Asus
M3A motherboard. More information can be provided.

After installing successfully, I foolishly put the 4GB back in, and I
seem to have ended up with tons of other problems---programs crash,
prelink won't run, etc, etc---so now I'm re-installing again. Looks as
if this might be a kernel problem?

Richard