Help revert from KDE4

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Tue Mar 11 15:09:25 UTC 2008

R. G. Newbury wrote:

> It is time for this thread to die! But no-one seems to have
> a wooden stake or a silver bullet!
>
> I have collected a few comments below with my response:
>
> "But the updates in the stable updates you pointed to are NOT the ones
> which caused that. Your KDE 4 must be coming from Rawhide (development)
> or kde-redhat unstable."
>
> No longer true. Which is part of the fog which enveloped the start of
> this thread. If you look at any of the update mirrors, such as
>    http://linux.nssl.noaa.gov/fedora/linux/updates/8/i386
> you will find kdebase4, kdelibs4 and kdebase-runtime (4.0.1...etc). I
> suppose those *were* in dev, but are no longer (February 20th)

Those are kde4 dev platform/runtime packages, *not* a kde4 desktop.  And,
would not induce the type of problems failures that you're attributing to
it.

Actually, I fail to see any problems described short of your wish to remove
these from your box.  Ok, easy enough:

$ yum remove kdelibs4

should yank all that off your box.

-- Rex