Freeze on Lid close and frpint - SOLVED

hirantha hirantha at securedpipe.net
Wed Mar 12 07:12:02 UTC 2008

Y Uanlux wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a HP 6710b on Fedora 8 x86_64and with the same problem, PC is
> frosen when lid closed. please confirm me how you fixed it.
> Have you get the figerprint thinbg working on Fedora 8?
>
> Best
>
> Yuan

echo 1 > /proc/acpi/video/C098/DOS

and then press the lid and check, if this is working
edit and add following to /etc/rc.local
echo 1 > /proc/acpi/video/C098/DOS
exit 0

if not -- I have no clue, sorry..!

finger print is working but I removed it -- bit annoying to me.

sudo rpm -qa | grep fprint
libfprint-0.0.5-2.fc8
pam_fprint-0.2-2.fc8
xfprint-4.4.2-1.fc8

edit /etc/pam.d/system-auth and add
auth       sufficient   pam_fprint.so
auth       sufficient   pam_unix.so try_first_pass likeauth nullok

And finally
$ pam_fprint_enroll

Enjoy
-+> Hirantha