Konqueror not installed, can't find it in repos

Joseph Thames beartham at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 19:24:01 UTC 2008

Hi,

I can't seem to find konqueror on the standard F8 repositories. I have been
using it for several years on Suse and recently on a F8 installation on my
AMD 2800 box. Yesterday I installed Fedora 8 on the WD Passport backup drive
of my HP laptop (dual boot with WinXP).  I used the same Wereworf DVD that I
downloaded in December and used on my AMD. I chose the "customize now"
option during the install, selecting many additional packages (including
both GNOME and KDE desktops).. But I got an unrecoverable error at the end
of the install, with this message: "An error occurred unmounting the disk,
please make sure you're not accessing /mnt/source fromt he shell and then
click OK to retry". Clicking OK repeated the same message ad nauseum.

I then repeated the install, this time choosing the "customize later"
option. It installed ok, but when I booted up, I saw that the desktop was
GNOME, with quite limited resources. So I brought up the package manager,
and started trying to install approximately the same ones I had tried
before. This time the check for dependencies went into an infinite loop. So
I started backing off on the package selections.

I then noticed that konqueror was not installed, and I couldn't find it with
the package manager. Next I loaded the Synaptic package manager, and added
the "everything" repo. Synaptic couldn't fiind it either. What does this
mean? Has konqueror been deleted?

The strange thing is that I was using the same Werewolf DVD that I used in
December.

Can somebody help?

Thanks in advance

--