Thinkpad T61p with Nvidia graphics

Jose Celestino japc at co.sapo.pt
Thu Mar 13 21:24:35 UTC 2008

Words by kevin at kevinkempterllc.com [Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 02:57:01PM -0600]:
> Hi List;
>
> I may pick up a Thinkpad with an Nvidia graphics card later today. Anything
> I need to do special for Fedora 7/8 to get the Nvidia card to work/install.
> Tried this on an hp awhile back and had lots of grief

Install in text mode and remember *NOT* to set the SATA mode do
compatibility, unlike found on many ubuntu install pages it is not
needed for F8.

Everything else works pretty much out of the box. And is fast as hell.
Could just be a little lighter and have a bit more of autonomy (3h is
not enough) but i'm still tweaking the power mgmt bits (got mine
yesterday).

--
Jose Celestino
http://www.msversus.org/     ; http://techp.org/petition/show/1