Desktop problem after Fedora update

John Thompson john at vector.os2.dhs.org
Fri Mar 14 00:16:57 UTC 2008

Running Fedora8 64-bit here with xfce4. I just installed the latest
batch of updates from PUP and after performing the recommended reboot I
find that none of my desktop lauchers work anymore. They all now have
the generic "text" icon and open as text files in gedit when clicked,
instead of launching the proper application.

Ok, fine. I don't have that many, I'll just recreate them. Wrong! When I
create new launchers using the desktop menus, they do show the proper
icon, but they still open in gedit instead of launching an application.

Anyone else seeing this? What needs to be fixed?

--

John (john at os2.dhs.org)