Experience of using Fedora in schools

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 08:50:27 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 06:59 +0000, Nicholas Robinson wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've finally managed to convince my school that we should consider abandoning
> XP on the workstations (we've been using fedora servers for several years)
> and use fedora instead.
>
> Does anyone have any experience of which is better, gnome or kde, for 8-13
> year olds? On the basis of four machines, for three days, being trialled by a
> few children, it would seem that gnome is ahead. I've always used kde though!
>
> Thanks for any help you can give.

All of the computers here are running Fedora.  I've set them up to use
Gnome and have Sabayon set up to enforce background images and other
miscellaneous options.  Each student has a username and password for
logging in and can log in at any time.  The computer room is especially
popular during breaks.

I don't know if that's what you need, but hope it helps.

Jonathan