Experience of using Fedora in schools

subhodip biswas subhodip at fedoraproject.org
Fri Mar 14 17:46:24 UTC 2008

> Nicholas Robinson wrote:
>  > Does anyone have any experience of which is better, gnome or kde, for 8-13
>  > year olds? On the basis of four machines, for three days, being trialled by a
>  > few children, it would seem that gnome is ahead. I've always used kde though!

Some months back i posted about our bijra high school project
(http://bijra.dgplug.org) . A school completely running on Fedora 7
(GNOME) though all edu packages are installed( KDE included). LTSP 4.2
and rightnow no teacher are there students aged between 8 to 15 are
using those machines and learning by themselve. all you need to
initiate rest is a cakewalk.

--
Regards
Subhodip Biswas