Kernel 2.6.24 -- gee that was fun...not!

Paul Lemmons paul.lemmons at tmcaz.com
Fri Mar 14 22:18:23 UTC 2008

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Kernel 2.6.24 -- gee that was fun...not!
From: Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net>
To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Cc: Paul Lemmons <paul.lemmons at tmcaz.com>
Date: 03/14/2008 03:06 PM

> This brings up an interesting question.  It doesn't look like livna
> keeps the "old" rpms for ATI and Nvidia drivers on their site after a new
> kernel version is released.
>
> How can someone who is using ATI or Nvidia drivers from Livna revert to the
> previous kernel in that situation?

I could not figure out a way to do it from livna. I wound up having to
download from nvidia and build it. It is not hard, pretty straight
forward, in fact. It just means that I have to do this by hand every
time I upgrade the kernel. Once they get the bugs ironed of the latest
kernel I will go back to livna.