system-config-network documentation?

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sat Mar 15 16:48:14 UTC 2008

Jonathan Underwood wrote:

> On 15/03/2008, Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net> wrote:
>>
>>  Is there documentation for system-config-network anywhere?
>>

> system-config-network is a gui that fiddles with the network parts of
> initscripts. You probably want to read the docs in
> /usr/share/doc/initscripts-8.60/ therefore, in particular
> sysconfig.txt .

Thanks.
While sysconfig.txt gives interesting information
on possible Wireless options in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-<if>
it doesn't really say anything about how system-config-network works,
or what one can enter when editing the various fields.

I was interested in the claim that someone had successfully renamed
their interfaces to lan and wan.
This seems to me to suggest that system-config-network
must somehow interact with udev.

I guess as has been suggested to me
that the only way to see how system-config-network works
may be to look at the source code.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366