Evolution (again)

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Mar 17 03:05:10 UTC 2008

On Sunday 16 March 2008, Tim wrote:
>Patrick O'Callaghan:
>>> I also use KDE. Run gnome-control-center from the command line.
>
>Gene Heskett:
>> I didn't even know it existed, but its there.  ??Why does it need 2+ feet
>> of vertical screen space, that seems excessive?
>
>Well, just looking at it now, it's spaced out so that everything's not
>horribly crammed together.  It does give you a menu with one thing to
>scroll through to see all the contents, rather than have to navigate in
>and out through several menus.
>
>And if you've got a two-foot high screen, I'm coming over to nick it off
>of you...  ;-)

Chuckle, no, a foot maybe.  I was referring to the huge icon laden window it
opened that still needed a scrollbar up the right side that was less than
half the height of the window, total scroll length estimated at 2 feet.
Sorry, but at 73, and with eyes fading from diabetis, I still run a 1680x1050
screen on a Synchmaster 205 here.  I don't need glasses any stronger than
what I wear to see it either, so if someone actually is poor enough off for
eyes to need that amount of magnification, I darned sure don't want to meet
them coming down the road at me in 2 tons or more of steel.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)