New equation editor (eke) and a qt4 problem

Andrea Mastellone andrea.mastellone at fastwebnet.it
Mon Mar 17 17:06:08 UTC 2008

Rex Dieter wrote:
> Andrea Mastellone wrote:
>
>> Note: the authos gives in the README file a list of programs required
>> for the dependencies, that I have checked, but I cannot find the
>> qt4-ruby bindings in Fedora :(
>
> I found this:
> http://rubyforge.org/projects/korundum/
> which references qt4-qtruby.
>
> Not sure if that's precisely what Ekee is using or not.
>
> I don't think fedora has qt4-qtruby (yet).
>
> -- Rex

I have solved the issue in the following way:

downloaded kdebindings and qscintilla from rawhide, and installed with
nodeps option...

Otherwise, the entire system would be upgraded to rawhide ! :|
(so, this trick is useful only in a GNOME-based installation, I suppose)

The file required by ekee are, in more detail :

/usr/lib64/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/x86_64-linux/qtruby4.so
(kdebindings)

and

/usr/lib64/libqscintilla2.so.2
(qscintilla)

But the new Equation Editor rocks... A suggest: it is possible to
separate qt4 ruby bindings libraries from kde stuff (so one is not
forced to install kde using some simple qt4 applications) ?

Andrea