2.6.24.3-34 Crashes

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 18 00:50:27 UTC 2008

F8 i386
If I put acpi=off in menu-lst , as such rhgb quite  acpi=off   and I
reboot, when it gets to "Uncompressing Linux ..OK Booting the kernel"
I get a long repeating of:

Unknown bus type 4
             "
             "
             "

About 10 lines of same and then the boot process "Locks Up" , If I
reboot by a earlier Kernel and remove  acpi=off from menu-lst and reboot
2.6.24.3-34 , it completes booting and goes into Desktop.

Is acpi=off a no no in Fedora anymore.
I 'm having a couple of problems with audio and webcam working and I
wanted to see if  acpi=off  would make any difference