OT? Help to compile program - ac_nonexitent.h

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Mar 18 17:26:12 UTC 2008

Hello,

I am trying to compile a program that there is no RPM for.  I hope to
use this experience to learn how to make RPM's as well.

I am starting to use Atmel AVR's and I want to try this program.
   http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/simulavr/

(The latest tar file is dated 2008-03-16)
   http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/simulavr/

I am looking at other options as well.

While trying to compile the program, I have installed most of the devel
and libs so I only get three or four error messages when running ./configure

One of them that I cannot find any answers to is where do I find
ac_nonexitent.h.  I have searched Google (31,800 hits) and I see that
this is a common question for many users but I never see an answer.  Two
days of looking and I am no closer to an answer.  I did solve the issue
with vfork.h (use unistd.h) this morning. :)

As others have asked in my searches, I have errors when compiling and
trying to fix all the ./configure issues first.

Is there someone on this list that can at least point me in the right
direction on this question, even to what this header is supposed to do?

I have either F7 or F8 to work with.

--
Robin Laing