Blender update bombs

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 10:01:03 UTC 2008

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 11:56:57 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:

> I just installed the update to blender and when I launch it, either from
> command line or from KDE, my desktop folds up like a house of cards,
> back to graphical login. ld claimed to not recognize the file structure,
> but, upon examination it is a shell script to initially setup the
> ~/.blender files. I see nothing in it to start an executable, once done.
> blender-bin also blows up from command line and blenderplayer comes up
> with a pile of command line options. Has anyone else seen this problem??
> Ric

The frequent version upgrades of Fedora packages force users to keep an
eye on the updates-testing repository and report any problems with updates
in bugzilla [1] and bodhi [2] as soon as possible. One thing still holds
true for Fedora: some packages in updates-testing are not tested at all
until they are pushed to the stable repository.

[1] https://bugzilla.redhat.com
[2] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/