PCMCIA wireless card that "works out of the box"?

Mike mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 17:52:39 UTC 2008

Phil Rhoades <phil <at> pricom.com.au> writes:

> People,
>
> I have been struggling with a Linksys wpc54g card and I have pretty much
> given up on it - I just want something that works reliably and "out of
> the box" with native Linux (Fedora 8) support - instead of using

Although the following suggestion is not for PCMCIA but for a usb dongle
I have been using an Edimax EW-7318UG usb wireless adapter for some time
on an old laptop running F8. It uses the rt73usb driver that is in the current
kernels and works out of the box with no further ado. I get a solid 54Mbps
connection and have had no hassles with it at all.

If you have a spare usb port I can certainly recommend it. HTH