EDAC error

Brent Snow, Mr. brent.snow at mcgill.ca
Thu Mar 20 18:40:38 UTC 2008

Hi All,

            I am having a problem with a new Dell PowerEdge 1900 Server
running Fedora 8.

            The System setup is as follows:

            2 - Xeon  E5310 (Quad-Core 1.6 GHz) processors

            16 GB of RAM, I SATA 80 GB HDD.

            The Error is as follows: EDAC i5000 MC0: nonfatal errors
found 0=800.

            The system runs very very slow (I have a p3 that is faster
then this system is).

            I have installed Windows 2003 Server X_64 and it runs very
very quick.

            There are no errors under Windows, and there are no errors
reported by Dell's diagnostic tools.

            I have run Memtest86+ (for 96 hours) and there are no errors
detected there as well.

            As soon as I install Fedora 8, the errors show back up and
the system just bogs down.

            I have tried aliasing the EDAC files thinking that this may
be the problem, but all that did was stop the log messages.

            I have noticed that it seems that each of the processors
peaks at 100% for 30 seconds or so and then it will move to another CPU,
for 30 seconds, etc.

            I am at a loss on this one, and Google has not been able to
provide any answers, so I was hoping that someone else has experienced
this.

            Thanks Brent