FC8, lost sound

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Mar 21 16:58:01 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-21 at 11:24 -0500, Steven Stern wrote:
> OK, take away my license to operate linux...
>
> While digging through the pile of cables today looking for the volume
> control for my Monsoon speaker system, I found that the mute button
> was pressed.  Yet another misdiagnosed hardware problem!

Even the manuals for $60,000 BetaCAMs have a diagnosis section with "is
it plugged in?" and "it it turned on?" types of steps.  It seems that
nobody's immune from making those sort of mistakes.

I wonder what the flight manuals are like for jumbo jets?  "Thank you
for purchasing your new Boeing 707, before flying ensure that you have
closed the doors and fastened your safety belt..."

I read messages from the public lists.