FC8, lost sound

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Mar 21 18:03:18 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-21 at 10:23 -0700, Rick Stevens wrote:
> However, the 747, 757 and 767 manuals all have preflight inspection
> steps including "remove all covering material from the pitot tubes"
> and "remove wheel chocks before attempting to taxi".

While we're digressing about manuals, I was somewhat amused by something
I was told by a colleague, years ago:  The service manuals for one of
the broadcast television cameras (I think it was a Marconi) all had CPR
instructions in the front, just in case someone working on them got
bitten by the electricity.

One of my favourite personal discoveries while doing some servicing work
at a local studio was finding an aspirin taped inside the chassis of a
computer.  It caused some mirth while we debated whether it was supposed
to help the crappy PC, or was there to help the next poor sod who had to
work on it.  ;-)

I read messages from the public lists.