OT: web page design tools

Ken Nordquist ken at geekystuff.net
Sat Mar 22 17:27:37 UTC 2008

I have used a number of good tools.

I would recommend either Quanta or Jedit (http://jedit.org) for basic
web development.  I was a long-time Quanta user before I discovered Jedit.

For more serious development there is Aptana (an Eclipse-based IDE -
http://www.aptana.com) or Netbeans (http://netbeans.org). I prefer
Netbeans.  If you are a Mac user, a lot of people swear by Textmate
(http://macromates.com) though I was disappointed with it.  *NOTE:
Textmate is not free.

A couple of other tools to consider using are plugins for Firefox.
Firebug and Web Developer.

HTH,

-Ken

--