Installing Fedora 8 on Intel Core Duo

Giulio Troccoli giulio.troccoli at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Mar 23 12:32:43 UTC 2008

Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-03-22 at 15:59 -0400, David C. Chipman wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 19:21:26 +0000
>> 	Hi Mathew,
>>

>>> Try booting without the startup GUI.  Maybe you can get more
>>> information.
>>>

>> 		This is a great suggestion.
>>
>>> At the GRUB splash screen, press Enter.
>>>
>> 		Except for the above. Giulio should pres Esc, instead,
>> to get into the GRUB menu. Enter starts the default kernel, cancelling
>> the GRUB count-down. Otherwise the rest of the commands look fine. Good
>> luck, Giulio!
>>

> Thanks for the correction...
>

>> 			-David Chipman

Matthew, David,

Thank you very much. That actually worked. I was presenting with the
final installation steps, like firewall and setting up a user. I have
rebooted and the same thing happened. I thought that the final steps
would somehow take care of booting up correctly too. So, how do I make
those changes permanent?

Giulio