F7 K6-2 system losing time

Kevin Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Mon Mar 24 04:13:00 UTC 2008

I'm playing with an old motherboard of mine.  Its an AMD K6-2 500MHz
processor, w/384MB PC-100 SDRam (Max amount).  Its running the latest F7
kernel, and its losing time.  Almost 15 seconds / minute (ouch!).  This
motherboard used to run my main home server, running on RH9 & FC2
without any problems with its timekeeping.  Now that I'm playing with F7
on it in a *very* minimal system (few server services, X11, nfs, but no
http, no email, etc) its losing time big-time.  Even running ntpd can't
keep up with it.  In fact, it re-syncs to the correct time only when I
restart ntpd.

Anyone have a clue as what's wrong with it?

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net