compiz-fusion and fedora - take 2 :)

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 08:58:28 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 11:14 PM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Valent Turkovic wrote:
>  > Hi,
>  > first to say that I'm aware of current Fedora and compiz situation [1].
>  > I'm not here to repeat discussion about compiz on by default but to
>  > start a discussion first with users and then include developers on how
>  > to make fedora and compiz-fusion work better.
>  >
>  > I find compiz package and not also compiz-fusion package installed a
>  > much needed correction by default and that is why I posted this RFE [2]
>
>  The title of the RFE doesn't make much sense. You might want to correct
>  that to reflect the current discussion.
>

>  > Are there any of you who have some better idea how can we make fedora
>  > and compiz-fusion work better for users? I find that installing
>  > compiz-fusion is non-intuitive. Why? Because you need to install it with
>  > this command:
>  >
>  > yum install compiz-fusion compiz-fusion-extras compiz-fusion-gnome
>  > compiz-fusion-extras-gnome libcompizconfig ccsm compiz-manager
>  > fusion-icon-gtk
>  >
>  > how can this made easier?
>
>  Request a meta package or yum group.
>
>  Rahul

Is "RFE: Include compiz-fusion and supporting packages by default" better?

Where do I file RFE for meta package or for a yum group? (fedora wiki
and google searches don't provide any info on yum meta packages).

Cheers,
Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/