Fedora 9 Live Beta Locking up

max maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 03:30:24 UTC 2008

Jim wrote:
> Running Live CD Fedora 9 Live Beta, on a Laptop, while booting it locks
> up just after the line;
>
> "ACPI: EC: Lookup EC in DSDI"
>
> I put CD in a  PC and it ran all the way through and loaded Desktop.
> What is it on Laptop that would cause  a Lockup??

ACPI = Advanced Configuration and Power Interface

The rest of the line is greek to me but you might try fiddling with the
BIOS settings. You don't say what kind of laptop you have but sometimes
BIOS features have to be turned off to get things off the ground. Don't
quote me here but I think DSDI  is related to debugging so i would look
for something related to this in the bios and try to disable it or
enable it depending on its current status.  You can always, if you get
into trouble, restore defaults in the bios and also there is usually a
way to load optimal settings in the bios, which could solve your problem.

Max