Raid Card controller for FC System

Roger Heflin rogerheflin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 18:31:10 UTC 2008

Joe Tseng wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Albert Graham" <agraham at g-b.net>

I have had the raid card internally fail in a non-obvious way and corrupt data
internal to the card, replacing it with an identical one make the errors go
away, lucky this corruptions was only on read and the underlying data appeared
to be fine.

And if the crap really hits the fan (multiple disk failures, and number of other
things), you often need to know how the enable expert mode on the raid
controller/enclosure and how to properly work you way out of it, and doing the
wrong thing can leave you with data corruption.

                              Roger