[OT] HELP!!! mail attack

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Mar 27 09:16:19 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 10:42 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> of course, but fear is something that Tim embraces so don't expect him
> to change his thinking.

No, it's called reality.  I've seen it, it happens, there's no question
of doubt that it has problems.

It's clear that you're one of those admins who doesn't see a problem
with throwing out the real mail, so long as you get rid of all the spam
at the same time.  I wouldn't hire anyone with that attitude, it's
wilful sabotage.

I run a business, I can't afford to lose a client, even a potential one,
because the mail got rejected, or the phone wasn't answered, etc.  I
know some of them won't retry, I know regular clients who won't retry, I
usually don't retry...

I discourage anybody from implementing bad technology that causes denial
of service issues.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.