[OT] HELP!!! mail attack

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Mar 27 12:57:39 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 19:46 +1030, Tim wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 10:42 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> > of course, but fear is something that Tim embraces so don't expect him
> > to change his thinking.
>
> No, it's called reality.  I've seen it, it happens, there's no question
> of doubt that it has problems.
>
> It's clear that you're one of those admins who doesn't see a problem
> with throwing out the real mail, so long as you get rid of all the spam
> at the same time.  I wouldn't hire anyone with that attitude, it's
> wilful sabotage.
>
> I run a business, I can't afford to lose a client, even a potential one,
> because the mail got rejected, or the phone wasn't answered, etc.  I
> know some of them won't retry, I know regular clients who won't retry, I
> usually don't retry...
>
> I discourage anybody from implementing bad technology that causes denial
> of service issues.
----
of course you do...

You would rather have clients employing all sorts of local junk mail
filters because of your tunnel vision. Since you apparently can't master
technology, why would you expect that your clients are able?

Alternative theory here...you suffer from an over inflated value of your
own opinions...nothing new there.

Craig