Reinstall FC8

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Mar 28 07:41:45 UTC 2008

> ramachandranc1 at aim.com <mailto:ramachandranc1 at aim.com>
 >
>>> How to reinstall Fc8 without losing home directory?
>
>> The first question is... Did you have the foresight to put /home on its
>> own partition? That will affect the answer....

> No.I don't have a separate partition for home.

You should keep your replies on the list as you will get more help when
other participate.

You have several alternatives.  The easiest would be to backup your home
directory to an external disk.  If that is not possible, you'd probably we
best served by rearranging your disk to provide /home with its own partition
prior to doing a reinstall.