compiling emacs 23 on f8

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 12:45:55 UTC 2008

François Patte wrote:

> Bonjour,
>
> I try to compile emacs 23 in order to have a multi-scripts emacs with
> indian scripts.
>
> Got it from cvs.
>
> ./configure shows some lacks:
>
> Does Emacs use -lXaw3d?   no
> Does Emacs use -lrsvg-2?  no
>
> Does Emacs use -lm17n-flt?  no
> Does Emacs use -lotf?       no
>
> It seems that my f8 install lacks some packages which are available on
> Debian under the names:
>
> libfreetype6-dev,
> libfontconfig1-dev, libxft-dev
>

> Are there some equivalent packages on f8 and, if not, is it possible to
> install the debian packages on f8 and how?

You can find m17n in development.
rpm -qa m17*
m17n-lib-devel-1.5.1-1.fc9.i386
m17n-lib-devel-1.5.1-1.fc9.x86_64
m17n-lib-1.5.1-1.fc9.x86_64
m17n-lib-1.5.1-1.fc9.i386
m17n-db-1.5.1-1.fc8.noarch

My libotf package is just (hopefully) about to be accepted.  You can find it here:
http://nbecker.dyndns.org/RPM

You can find my emacs-23.0.60.1 svn srpm as of yesterday there as well.

I suggest this in your startup:
(add-to-list 'default-frame-alist '(font . "DejaVu Sans Mono-9"))