Where's the bluetooth jargon demystifier?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Mar 28 22:31:06 UTC 2008

Tom Horsley wrote:
> I go to the official bluez-utils web site and their documentation page
> basically says "You don't want to look at our docs, they suck.".
>
> I go to the official bluetooth web site and their documentation either
> tells me why I ought to be making bluetooth devices or talks about
> radio spectrum and communications layers.
>
> Where is the web page that explains to a human what the gibberish
> in the hcid.conf man page actually means?
>
> All I'm trying to do is arrange for my bluetooth keyboard (which definitely
> works with manual poking and prodding) to work automatically once
> my fedora 8 system has booted. Seems like it ought to be a simple task :-).

I have given up on BT for the moment. Under Windows there's a utility
which shows the mouse, the keyboard, the printer, and all the nearby
cell phones. Under Linux there's an icon which you can click (using a
PS2 mouse) which does nada. And after downloading all the bluez stuff
without reading the documentation (there is none on using the software,
as you note), no amount of clicking, typing, or swearing made anything
happen.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>