****Re: ****Help installing Fedora 8 on iMac G3

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Mar 29 22:27:10 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 09:15 +1100, Catherine Fitzgerald wrote:
> I was in text mode for the install. I will try burning the CD again and
> see how that goes. Thanks Craig.

----
when installing in text mode...

<Control><Alt><F3> terminal shows std out
<Control><Alt><F4> terminal shows std error
(or vice versa...I never remember)
<Control><Alt><F2> terminal prompt
<Control><Alt><F1> to get back to main window

If you are experiencing errors, either F3 or F4 above will show you the
errors and help you figure out if they are fatal.

It may take a LOOOOOOONNNNNGGGG time to resolve installation package
dependencies when you are installing off http connection since the
computer is slow and the Internet connection is likely throttled if fast
or if it too is slow.

You can monitor installation progress (i.e. resolving package
dependencies) in either F4 or F4 above and you will be likely to be more
patient when you see progress.

Craig