A wee install problem...

Da Rock rock_on_the_web at comcen.com.au
Sun Mar 30 01:38:44 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-03-29 at 21:16 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-03-29 at 21:36 +1000, Da Rock wrote:
>
> > After each repair the tech has thoroughly tested the hardware, and has
> > run the laptop ragged testing. I pulled the laptop apart before the last
> > repair to try and find the problem myself, but found nothing- no loose
> > connections, whatever. Hdd passes every test, during post the hdd light
> > stays on for some time though.
> >
> > This is all the info I have now. Any ideas guys? Anymore tests I can put
> > this thing through?
>
> Power supply ...I'd definitely start looking there.

Shit! I had my suspicions on that myself... I was kinda hoping it wasn't
the case. Trouble is how do I get HP to replace it for me? They just go
MB or bios.

After all the repairs I practically have a new laptop- especially if I
get the PSU replaced... even the screens been replaced!

What tests do you know of to diag the PSU? I've tried battery, adaptor,
all the same result so nothing gained there. The common factor is simply
the PSU itself, but I need some more evidence to convince them.