[OT] HELP!!! mail attack

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Mar 30 09:47:42 UTC 2008

Tim:
>> I discourage anybody from implementing bad technology that causes
>> denial of service issues.

Craig White:
> of course you do...

As any sensible person would do.  Which other denial of (your own)
services would you advocate allowing to happen, as well?

> You would rather have clients employing all sorts of local junk mail
> filters because of your tunnel vision. Since you apparently can't
> master technology, why would you expect that your clients are able?

You're making assumptions.

One, that clients should employ local junk mail filtering, as the only
possible alternative to greylisting.  The old "there's only two types of
music, country or western" argument.

And that for some strange reason, it's magically my fault that I cannot
make greylisting work properly on someone else's mail server.  You keep
ignoring the issue, that greylisting is a problem because of other
people's servers, more than your own.  We (the general public) send
through their ISP's server, and it's received by someone else's SMTP.

> Alternative theory here...you suffer from an over inflated value of
> your own opinions...nothing new there.

Pot, kettle, black.  You're the one promulgating an "opinion" (that
greylisting is brilliant), I'm the one bringing up a "fact" that it
causes problems.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.