A wee install problem...

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Mar 30 21:47:12 UTC 2008

Tim:
>> What did you try?  You only mentioned trying the battery and adaptor,
>> but what did you actually do?

Da Rock:
> You do realise we're talking about a small circuit board in a laptop
> don't you? I have 2 similar presario laptops and I've used the adaptors
> interchangeably. Considering also my knowledge of post testing
> demonstrated here and the finite number of possible physical tests it
> would mean that they've been eliminated from the suspect list. What I
> did ask was what other tests there could be on the small circuit board
> inside- the PSU.

I wouldn't suggest electronics tinkering unless you were already
accustomed to it.  But I meant, with the "what have you done" question,
things like:  Had you tried an alternative supply?  Run off a battery
with and without the power supply attached.

Since you, now, mention trying swapping power supplies, that doesn't
sound like the cause of the problem.

You aren't running the laptop with the cooling vents blocked by
anything?

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.