Linux, Vista dual boot

Antti J. Huhtala ahuhtal4 at welho.com
Mon Mar 31 00:32:22 UTC 2008

su, 2008-03-30 kello 17:01 -0700, Craig White kirjoitti:
> On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 19:54 -0400, Mike Burger wrote:
> > Last I checked, NTFS support in the Linux kernel was, basically, read
> > only...how do you share the data partition so easily?

> > > Vista uses NTFS of some description.  I have a Vista/F8 dual boot which
> > > uses a shared NTFS partition for data quite happily.
> ----
> apparently the ntfs-3g package works extremely well in read/write mode
> so older admonitions about read only on ntfs partitions might be
> outdated.

I'd agree with Craig. When I switched from F7 to F8 in December, I wrote
all 6+ Gb of my /home directory from F7 to my XP partition, and after
clean install of F8 wrote everything back to it. It took about 25
minutes either way, and I haven't noticed anything odd so far - meaning
my /home directory. ntfs-3g just works(tm)...

Antti