how to connect to wireless access point....

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Sat May 3 00:25:21 UTC 2008

Mike Chalmers wrote:
>>  Network Mangler!  (I mean Network Manager!)
>>
> Thanks, where can I find the Network Manager program? Do I need to
> install it or is it in the start menu somewhere?

Its usually installed by default in Fedora.  There is an applet that
will let you run it in (one of) your taskbars.  It can be used to see
all of the available networks and lets you select which one to connect
to.  It will remember your connection password (through a key-ring) and
auto-connect for you whenever it detects that Network.

If its not already installed, "yum install NetworkManager-gnome" should
install it for you (be logged in as root when you do it).  It should
install everything you need along with it.  Look for:  /usr/bin/nm-applet

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net