Kernel 2.6.23 hangs at "starting udev ..."

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Wed May 7 08:03:38 UTC 2008

On Wed, 7 May 2008 15:43:21 +0800
Forcey <forcey at gmail.com> wrote:

> I know this is a common problem with laptops, and I tried a bundle of
> solutions but none worked. Does anyone knows how to workaround this?

Download one of the Fedora re-spin DVDs, there was a notification of
one only a few days ago. It will have a recent kernel, so it might well
work.

Have you checked the common bugs page on the Wiki? That may offer some
suggestions.

--

Brian Morrison

   "Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud;
    after a while you realize you are muddy and the pig is enjoying it."