How to get default top-panel and bottom-panels back?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon May 12 02:42:07 UTC 2008

Chris G wrote:
> On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 06:07:30PM +0100, Jonathan Underwood wrote:

>>> Moving ~/.gnome2 to ~/.gnome2.old has had absolutely no effect at all
>>> on my gnome-panel(s).  :-(   I've restarted and the new .gnome2 has
>>> appeared and it's almost empty but I still have only one panel on my
>>> desktop and it's nothing like the default one.
>> You probably need to do the same thing with .gnome2_private .gnome
>> .gconf as well.
>>
> I've moved all of those as well, still nothing happens.

The easy way to get a panel, assuming that you still have one left, is
to right click in the existing panel and choose "add panel." then you
can populate it as you wish. Shot myself in that foot yesterday.
However, I confess that I have found no clean way to return to the
default settings.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>