f9 eth0 not enabled on startup

Eugene Poole etpoole at adelphia.net
Thu May 15 01:43:40 UTC 2008

I found that, for whatever reason, the DNS addresses entered during the
installation doesn't 'take' in some cases.  I've done the F9 install on
three machines, 2 - AMD 32-bit and the NetworkManager didn't work; 1 -
Intel P4 dual core, where the NetworkManager worked.  I attempted to
find another Intel to do a fourth test but couldn't.

I 'solved' the problem by using Webmin to stop the NetworkManager
processes (there were 2 of them) and starting the network process.  I
then used system-config-network to update the resolv.conf. Now
everything is fine.

I thought that it had to do with a wired network using static IP
addresses, but the Intel machine is wired with a static IP.

One important note, it appears going forward that NetworkManager is the
way to go - so please open a bug report so it can get fixed.

Gene