KDE 4...

Michal Janda diskuse at jndm.net
Thu May 15 10:19:44 UTC 2008

2008/5/15 Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>:

> > IMHO, KDE4-release was underwhelming and shouldn't have been released
> > until it reached feature a parity with KDE 3.5.x.
> > IMO, bugs and crashes can be forgiven - but not having an option to set
> > the order of applets on a panel (only added in 4.0.3?) or change the
> > appearance of the panel was inexcusable.
> >
> Why?  What exactly do you want to do that you can't?  It's true that
> improvements are coming all the time, but the panel arrangement, for
> example,
> arrived in time for F9 release.

- i cannot put second panel
- i cannot add icon on desktop to launch application or enter directory
- i cannot add any icon to panel to start applications
- there are less applets than in KDE 3.x, for example I was not able to find
out how to add "show desktop" applet

For me it seems like a big mistake to publisj F 9 with KDE 4 which have less
possibilities than older version, as I use KDE as primary environment is F9
not usable for me at this time. I have feeling that Fedora do not care about
KDE users and that many users will stay on older F8.

Michal
--
www.mountainbike.cz | JndM.net
ICQ: 132536462 | Skype: michal_janda