FC9 - S-L-O-W video

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat May 17 13:03:15 UTC 2008

Just an observation, on two machines which were perfectly usable with
FC8, after "upgrade" they are really nasty to use in terms of video.
Moving a windows leaves a comet trail of window outlines which take 1-2
seconds to clear, minimizing a window results in a trail of shrinking
outlines, the minimize takes seconds and a few seconds after that for
the outlines to fade.

This feels like vista, in the names of cool features the video has been
made painfully slow. All under GNOME, I expect issues with the new KDE,
but if this is the "improved" X, the code or the default configuration
is aimed at either gamers with $500 video cards or people who like eye
candy and effects so much they want time to appreciate them.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>