Live USB wireless connection

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Mon May 19 14:38:06 UTC 2008

Daniel Y. Zhang wrote:

> BTW, I try again in the weekend to broadcast my SSID, it only works when
> I didn't set any security mechanisms(WEP or WPA). When I set 128-bit WEP
> again, the wireless failed. Should I try iwconfig something manually? I
> am running Fedora 9 live from a 4GB USB stick.

It sounds like you are not providing the security key. You have to
configure the interface for the type of encryption you are using,
and give it the key. You also have to make sure you are in the
managed mode. The network configuration GUI can set things up for
you. (You can also set it up using iwconfig, but you will have to do
it again after a reboot.)

Mikkel